Title: Occupational Diseases: A Guide to Their Recognition
Author: U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare
Publication Date: 1977
- Section on "Occupations and Agents" lists occupations and agents that are frequenty associated with the occupation that are capable of causing a dermatosis
Asbestos is listed under "Automobile Workers (Assembly)" and "Electric Apparatus Makers"
Also Brake linings is listed under "Automobile Workers (Mechanic)"
- Asbestosis is mentioned in the chapter on Airways
- Table entitled "Agent, pathology, and impairment associated with pneumoconioses" lists "Asbestos" as the agent, "Interstitial fibrosis" as the pathology, and "restricti
e, diffusion" as the respiratory impairment.
- Chapter on Chemical Hazards has a section on Portland Cement which lists "Asbestos Cement Workers"
- Chapter on Chemical Carcinogens has a table entitled "Confirmed and suspected occupational carcinogens by target organ" which lists asbestos as a confirmed carcinogen (cancer causing) for the Lung, Gastroenteric Tract, Larynx, and Pleural Ca
ity. Pleural and Peritoneal mesotheliomas due to asbestos are also mentioned in the text.
Occupational Diseases: A Guide to Their Recognition
ised Edition, June 1977
U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare
Public Health Ser
ice, Center of Disease Control, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
er, 608 pages.
Condition: Acceptable. Fading to spine and co
e some spots and wear. Title page has name crossed off in black marker and a few other marks. Binding has a split, but is holding all pages together ok.
Weight: 1lb 15oz
Dimensions: 6.25" x 9.25"