Title: Popular Science Magazine, 1965
Many different companies and their products are mentioned.
There is an article on roofing that has the following references:
- "Two more (Barrett and Philip Carey) produce the Class A shingle with a protecti
e layer of asbestos-reinforced sheet."
- "Mineral-fiber shingles. This is the new name for asbestos-cement shingles. The most prominent change comes from Johns-Man
- There is a diagram showing Johns-Man
ille's new Seal-O-Matic shingles and asbestos is labeled in the diagram.
- There is a table entitled "Home Owner's Guide to Roofing Materials" which has information about mineral-fiber shingles and states that they contain asbestos. It has information about how long these shingles will last, problems with re-roofing, special ad
There is an article on Sidings.
- This article contains a table entitled "Home Owner's Guide to Prefinished House Siding" which lists the following companies and brands under the heading "Mineral Fiber (Asbestos-Cement)":
Allied Chemical; Barrett and Deep-grain
Atlantic Asphalt & Asbestos Inc; Roctone
Flintkote Co; Pyroset and Split Shake
ille Corp; Rock-Shakes
National Gypsum Co; Classic, Deep-Tex
Phlip Carey Mfg Co; Styletex, Ceramo
Ruberoid Co; Dura-Color, Dura-Shake
Supradur Corp; Supra-Tones, Rancho
Tile Corp; Tilo
You will recei
e the complete magazine that has information about asbestos shingles and asbestos siding.
Condition: Poor condition. Writing to front co
er and some pages. Stain to some pages. Some edge tears and wear. Although the o
erall condition of this magazine is poor, the pages that mention asbestos are in good condition.
Dimensions: 6.50" x 9.00"